Saturday, January 6, 2007

Queens, New York City (2007)

Queens, New York








So recently I acquired a new digital SLR (a big fancy expensive camera) off eBay and have been experimenting with color. This idea came about while at a BP gas station somewhere in Missouri on Highway 55 South, going from St. Louis to Memphis. BP's company colors are yellow and green apparently, and everything at this gas station seemed to be some mix between these two colors.

I went to New York on Thursday immediately after flying home from Memphis. We always stop by my grandma's place in Queens, wherre she lives above a Chinese fast food restaurant my uncle opened many years ago. These two pictures were taken just outside here apartment. I should note that on that January afternoon, it was 65 degrees Fahrenheit. In the second picture, I was sort of waiting around by the car when suddenly three red elements came together... the car, the post thing, and the girl's backpack.

No comments: