Thursday, June 14, 2007

For the record, I am indeed home, but I am sifting through almost two thousand new messages, old mail, getting tested for TB, and re-packing for New York on Saturday. My computer is having issues (crashing randomly) so I may be slow in responding to emails, blogging, and getting around to the thousands of photos I took (I think the last count was about 9,250 photos). This means not only will I be slow in posting pictures on my blog, but processing these thousands of photos for my fellow IHP students.

Oh yes, one last thing. I got to add one more country to my list of countries visited on this trip. I'm still highly jealous of Laura, David and Bazazi for going to Lesotho and pony-trekking (this was my dream BEFORE the entire program began, and one of the main reasons I decided to spend an extra week in Africa), but I suppose France, Greece, and Turkey made up for it. And, I was able to jump through British Airway's bureaucratic hoops and check all my baggage back to Boston, which ultimately meant I could go into London and walk around for a couple hours during my nine hours in transit. I took out ten pounds (around $20 USD) at Barclays, Bank of America's British partner, and spent it very wisely:
6.70 pounds for an all-day London metro pass
2.25 pounds for a McDonald's cheeseburger happy meal (you learn to be calorie-efficient/cost-effective when travelling on a budget).
65 cents on a grape-drink.
I got to see quite a lot of London in those couple hours; my favorite parts included the free "Photographer's Gallery" which had an exhibit on Found photographs (of "Found" magazine fame), and talking with the anti-war protesters who've been camping outside of Parliament for six years. Pictures will come (I know I keep saying that, but they will.).

No comments: