Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Joan Hinton Visit

It's my last day in Beijing and I have a lot of loose ends to tie up. I've wanted to post more pictures from Beijing, but I've been unmotivated because of the blogspot block (which is still up) and because I generally don't bring my camera cable with me to the Internet cafe. I'm now writing from a coffee shop, mostly because the internet cafe is filled with lung cancer and cigarette smoke. I think I've developed an allergic reaction to cigarette smoke, it's so bad and I get so angry now when I see those toxic fumes floating in my direction.

I'm posting pictures from my visit to the diary farm Joan Hinton ran. I can't remember if I posted earlier about it, I probably did. Unfortunately it's too hard to figure out with the block and all. But here it is in pictures, I have more to say about it but for now all you get are pictures. I have more to post.







On that last photo, there's a little story. When I whipped out my fancy schmancy camera she goes, "Wow, that's a great camera. Is that digital?"
"Yes, yes, it is. I suppose capitalism does have a few good things to offer," I said. Then we head to her study so she can make some copies for us of a little essay she wrote, where her room was decked out with a copy machine and a new flatscreen computer with webcam and all the accessories. Very interesting.

No comments: